Can I assess someone from outside my District/County?

Yes, you can, it is a national permit scheme, and your assessment carries the same validity as if it was from within the assessees own District/County, however expect to be asked questions about your assessment.

If a District Commissioner/District Nights Away adviser rejects your assessment because they have trust issues, then there is little the assessee can do, as the permit is at the discretion of the issuing Commissioner.  However rejecting someones assessment purely on the basis the assessor was “Not from round these parts”, (we’ve all heard the stories) then they need calling on it, to understand if it is just localism or whether there is a deeper concern.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.